LAS VEGAS – MMA Junkie was on the scene and reported live from the official UFC Friday on ESPN 40, as all but one of the fighters in Saturday’s card hit their marks.
In the main event, former heavyweight title contender Thiago Santos (22-10 MMA, 14-9 UFC) faces Jamhal Hill (10-1 MMA, 4-1 UFC). Santos was the first Libra fighter in the two-hour window and he weighed in at 206 pounds. Hill weighed in at 205.
The event also includes tournament finals in a pair of divisions from Season 30 of “The Ultimate Fighter.” Zach Baoga (5-0 MMA, 0-0 UFC) was 239 pounds in the final heavyweight bout against 236.5 pounds Muhammad Usman (7-2 MMA, 0-0 UFC), brother of welterweight champion Kamaru Usman.
And in the “TUF 30” women’s flyweight final, Julianna Miller (2-1 MMA, 0-0 UFC) gained 125 pounds for her fight against Brogan Walker (7-2 MMA, 0-0 UFC), who was 125.5.
Ariane Lipsky (14-7 MMA, 3-4 UFC) who was 128.5 pounds for the women’s flyweight match against Priscila Cachoeira (11-4 MMA, 3-4 UFC), who was 125.5. Lipski will be fined 20 percent of her portfolio. The weight loss was Lipski’s first appearance in what would be her eighth appearance in the UFC.
Sam Alfie (33-17-1 MMA, 10-12 UFC) He was the last fighter to hit the scale. He was heard telling the UNHCR official, “Just say I’m perfect.” But it wasn’t. He weighed 187 pounds on his first try. Alvey was given an extra hour to reach the no-title middleweight limit of 186 pounds. When he weighed near the one-hour limit, he did well at 186. His opponent, Michal Oleksikczuk (16-5 MMA, 4-3 UFC), was 185.5. Alvey hasn’t won since June 2018 and is 0-7-1 in his past eight fights, most of which, including a submission loss in February, have been at lightweight.
The weigh-ins were performed at the UFC Apex in Las Vegas. The same venue hosts the Saturday Card, which airs on ESPN and streams on ESPN+.
Complete UFC weight results on ESPN 40 included:
Main Card (ESPN/ESPN+, 10 p.m. ET)
- Thiago Santos (206) vs. Jamahle Hill (205)
- Vicente Luc (170.5) vs. Jeff Neal (171)
- Zack Baoga (239) vs Muhammad Usman (236.5) – TUF 30 Heavyweight Final
- Juliana Miller (125) vs. Brogan Walker (125.5) – Women’s TUF 30 Flyweight Final
- Augusto Sakai (260) vs. Sergey Spivak (249.5)
- Priscilla Cachoeira (125.5) vs. Ariane Lipsky (128.5) *
Primary Card (ESPN/ESPN+, 7 p.m. ET)
- Sam Alvey (186) ** vs. Michel Oleksiczuk (185.5)
- Eric Gonzalez (155) vs. Terrence McKinney (155.5)
- Battle of Bryan (171) vs. Takashi Sato (170.5)
- Josh Quinlan (169) vs. Jason Waite (170)
- Miranda Granger (115.5) vs. Corey McKenna (115.5)
- Stephanie Egger (134.5) vs. Mayra Bueno Silva (135.5)
* Lipsky has missed the women’s flyweight maximum and will be fined 20 percent of her baggage.
**Alvey missed the middleweight limit on his first try, but was given an extra hour and put on weight on his second try.