The Pittsburgh Steelers It released its first depth chart for the 2022 season. For anyone who’s been listening to head coach Mike Tomlin about the initial depth chart in years past, a Steelers fan shouldn’t put too much stock on this list at this time. But it is a starting point and gives an indication of what the team was expecting for the 2022 season.
While the names on this list are bound to change over the course of the Steelers’ three pre-season games, here are the players listed as Novices in Attack, Defense, and Special Teams with some additional notes below.
To see the official Steelers depth chart, click over here.
WR – Deontay Johnson
LT – Dan Moore Jr.
LG – Kevin Dotson / Kendrick Green
C- Mason Cole
RG – James Daniels
RT – Chox Okorafor
TE – Pat Fryermouth
WR – Chase Claypool
WR – George Pickens
RB – Nagy Harris
FB – Derek Watt
QB – Mitch Trubesky
- Two players were included in the goalkeeper position with the Steelers not recognizing Kevin Dotson or Kendrick Green as first candidates.
- The quarterback depth chart goes to Mitch Trubesky, Mason Rudolph, Kenny Beckett and Chris Oladcon.
- Rookie Calvin Austin was buried third in the fourth-wide for the future behind Deontay Johnson with second and third team players Anthony Miller, Cody White, Miles Boykin, Gunner Olshevsky and Stephen Sims.
- Conor Hayward is listed third after Freiermuth and Zach Gentry and ahead of Kevin Rader and Jace Sternberger.
- When running, Benny Snell Jr. is ranked second behind Nagy Harris, followed by Anthony MacFarland Jr. and Jaylene Warren.
Screw – TG Watt
DT – Cameron Heyward
NT – Tyson Lulu
DT – Larry Ogungube
Rolb – Alex Highsmith
LCB – Levi Wallace/Akilu Witherspoon
RCB – Cam Sutton
FS – Minka Fitzpatrick
SS – Terrell Edmonds
LILB – Devin Bush / Robert Spillane
RILB – Miles Jack
Nickel – Arthur Mullet
- Both the inside left back and the left back position have two players listed as starting.
- The three players on the second team from the defensive line are Isaiah Laudermilk, Montravius Adams and Chris Wormley.
- Seventh-round pick Mark Robinson is the last full-back to be included in the fourth team.
- Chris Steele is listed as the next player behind Wallace Witherspoon at left-back while James Pierre is listed ahead of Justin Lane who backed Cameron Sutton at right-back.
- Damontae Kazee is listed as a solid safety reserve with Tre Norwood being next in line for free safety.
Beginners special teams
LS – Christian Koontz
K – Chris Boswell
P – Presley Harvin III
KR / PR – Gunner Olszewski
Notables of the special teams:
- Calvin Austin III is listed in KR/PR’s second list.
Be sure to stay tuned to BTSC for the latest news and notes surrounding the Pittsburgh Steelers as they continue training camp and prepare for the 2022 regular season. To listen to a special podcast, check out BTSC Editor Dave Schofield in the audio player below.